Imagine feeling near-instant relief from fatigue, jet lag or a hangover. What if there were a way to bounce back more quickly from a headache, a cold or the flu, or recover from grueling fitness training? IV therapy provides all these benefits and more. If this sounds too good to be true, read on to learn more about this innovative health and fitness solution and how it can apply to many different aspects of your life.
Q: What is IV therapy?
A: IV therapy is a wellness option that helps replenish the body’s nutrients and restore optimal bodily functions. IV therapy includes an all-natural blend of amino acids, vitamins, antioxidants, fluids, detoxifiers and other supplements that are tailored to various health and wellness needs.
Q: What makes IV therapy so effective?
A: IV therapy is the most efficient way to get your body the vitamins and minerals it needs because the IV fluid bypasses the digestive system, allowing for 100 percent absorption.
It requires a lengthy and complicated process for your body to fully integrate the vitamins and minerals from the food you eat. Many steps can get interrupted along the way, and any disruptions may prevent you from getting the full benefit of the nutrients. Because IV therapy delivers highly concentrated doses of nutrition directly into your bloodstream, it is much more efficient than taking oral medication.
Q: What conditions can IV therapy help treat?
A: In addition to providing an overall wellness boost, IV therapy can help address common complaints and concerns such as:
- Weakened immune system
- Pre- or post-workout prep/recovery
When combined with your regular routine, IV therapy can help you feel and function better.
Q: Who administers the IV therapy?
A: At Quench IV Bar, our highly trained and knowledgeable nursing staff administer all our IV therapies.
Q: What IV services do you offer?
A: Our menu of services includes the following.
- Basic: Fight dehydration and discomfort with IV fluids, Zofran or Toradol.
- Myers’ cocktail: Combining a mix of essential vitamins, the Myers’ cocktail fights low immunity, tiredness and feelings of imbalance and general ill-health. It is an excellent overall health booster.
- Hangover: Our hangover remedy can help you feel instantly hydrated after a long night of drinking. This specially formulated drip contains IV fluids, super B vitamins, magnesium, glutathione, Zofran and/or Toradol.
- Wellness: Our wellness support fluid is a cocktail of powerful ingredients that boost the vitamin and mineral concentration in your body. The drip contains IV fluids, super B vitamins, vitamin C, zinc, Zofran and/or Toradol.
- Jet lag: If you’re struggling with the effects of jet lag, you know how disruptive it can be to your routine. Get back on the right track with a drip of 1L normal saline, B-vitamin complex, methyl B12 and vitamin C.
- Athletic performance: Being in training for a major sports competition can take a noticeable toll on your body. Let us help with your recovery so you can build strength and endurance the smart way and restore the nutrient balance in your body. Our athletic performance drip contains 1L normal saline, B-complex, magnesium, calcium and glutathione.
- Beauty boost: Rehydrating the body and providing nutrients such as magnesium and vitamin C leaves your skin feeling softer and more youthful. Not only does the drip help your outer body, but our patients have also experienced improved energy levels and overall health and well-being from just a 30- to 60-minute treatment. This anti-aging drip contains 1L normal saline, B-complex, magnesium, vitamin C and glutathione.
Q: How often should I get IV therapy?
A: We determine the frequency of IV drip therapy on a patient-by-patient basis as part of our highly customized approach. For preventive health and wellness, we recommend up to two IV drips per month to help balance out any vitamin deficiencies.
Q: Are there any side effects of IV therapy?
A: As a minimally invasive procedure, IV therapy is generally very safe, and most patients tolerate it well. Side effects are typically very mild and include bruising, swelling and pain at the insertion point, which you can minimize by following post-care instructions properly.
Other, extremely rare, complications include vein inflammation or a blood clot. Our trained nursing staff will monitor your vital signs before, during and after your treatment, and will always go over any potential side effects with you before you begin your drip.
Q: Is it possible for me to have an allergic reaction to IV therapy?
A: You and your nurse injector can discuss allergy information before beginning any treatment course. Allergic reactions to IV therapy are also quite rare, but can occur if you happen to be allergic to one of the nutrients without realizing it. We will go over all nutrient information about your chosen IV drips upon request. Reactions to the vitamins and minerals are unlikely, since they are all naturally present in your body.
Q: I’ve heard IV therapy is just a “fad.” Is that true?
A: While there are indeed many celebrities such as Rihanna, Gwyneth Paltrow and Simon Cowell who have been seen undergoing drip therapy, it is more than just a passing trend. Doctors have been using it for many years to safely and successfully treat and manage a variety of health concerns, while providing patients with heightened levels of health and wellness. As public awareness surrounding the need for preventive health is growing, many people are getting on board with the benefits of IV therapy, and are glad they no longer need to go to a hospital to receive an IV drip.
Q: What if I need IV therapy, but I’m too busy to come to the clinic for treatment?
A: We can bring the benefits of IV therapy to you with our mobile services! Just give us a call, and we will provide your restorative IV session in the comfort of your home or office. You can expect to receive the same high level of service during a mobile IV treatment as you would in our clinic.
Q: I’m ready to get IV therapy. How do I make an appointment?
A: For your convenience, we offer four options for booking your service: via the Quench IV Bar app, through Mindbody Online, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the clinic at 804-493-4060. Our friendly staff is standing by and ready to hear from you!