What is KYBELLA®?
KYBELLA® is a prescription medicine used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called “double chin.” It is not known if KYBELLA® is safe and effective for use outside of the submental area.
Who should not receive KYBELLA®?
You should not receive KYBELLA® if you have an infection in the treatment area.
Before receiving KYBELLA®, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including the following:
- Have had or plan to have surgery on your face, neck, or chin
- Have had cosmetic treatments on your face, neck, or chin
- Have had or currently have medical conditions in or near the neck area
- Have had or currently have trouble swallowing
- Have bleeding problems
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant (It is not known if KYBELLA® will harm your unborn baby.)
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed (It is not known if KYBELLA® passes into your breast milk. Talk to your healthcare provider about the best way to feed your baby if you receive KYBELLA®).
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take a medicine that prevents the clotting of your blood (antiplatelet or anticoagulant medicine).
What are the possible side effects of KYBELLA®?
KYBELLA® can cause serious side effects, including trouble swallowing and nerve injury in the jaw that can cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness.
The most common side effects of KYBELLA® include the following: swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness, and areas of hardness in the treatment area.These are not all of the possible side effects of KYBELLA®. Call your healthcare provider for medical advice about side effects.