Beauty and health go hand in hand. When you picture a beautiful person, you probably envision someone with radiant skin, shiny hair, bright eyes, a white smile and positive energy levels. While makeup, skin care and cosmetic procedures can help you achieve a more beautiful look, more and more people are turning to the power of natural remedies to address the root causes of wellness and help get a healthy and youthful glow.
Some of the most buzzed-about natural health and beauty treatments are bio-identical hormone replacement therapy, vitamins and minerals. Here are some details about how these treatments can help you become more attractive from the inside out.
The Hidden Risks of Hormone Imbalance
We all want to look and feel our best, but that can become more difficult as we age. For example, you may be experiencing symptoms such as a decline in energy levels, weight fluctuation, insomnia, low sex drive, depression, trouble concentrating, thinning hair or digestive issues. All these complaints might be linked to the same root cause: hormone imbalance.
When you think about your health, hormones probably aren’t the first thing that comes to mind. Many people don’t have a clear idea of what hormones do, and you may not have thought much about them since your high school health class. In fact, hormones are chemical messengers that are vital to regulating the function of every system in your body, including your immune system, metabolism and libido.
Because hormones are so crucial, even a minor imbalance in hormone levels can lead to major health problems for both women and men.
● Women, especially post-menopausal women, may find that they experience symptoms such as mood swings, hot flashes, vaginal dryness or sexual discomfort as a result of lower estrogen production.
● Aging men often undergo a condition called low-T, or a drop in testosterone production. Common symptoms of low-T include low self-esteem, moodiness, less effective workouts and a decreased sex drive.
If you are experiencing any of the issues associated with hormone imbalance, you may be a good candidate for bio-identical hormone replacement therapy, or BHRT. The natural hormones in this type of therapy work to naturally replicate the hormones your body would normally produce on its own.
RVA Health and Wellness is Richmond’s only hormone optimization clinic to offer multiple treatment plans for your ultimate hormone therapy solution, including creams, gels, injections and pellets.
About River City Hydration Station – Richmond’s IV Therapy Experts
Even if you eat well and live a healthy way of life, you may still feel run-down and fatigued due to poor sleep patterns, a compromised immune system or a vitamin imbalance.
If you’re beginning to experience the first signs of illness, or if you’re looking for a medically proven way to recover from a hangover or a challenging workout, IV therapy is the solution you’ve been looking for.
Medical and scientific research has confirmed the effectiveness of IV therapy because of its power to safely heal the body, improve health and wellness and prevent certain conditions.
When you come to River City Hydration Station, our trained and knowledgeable nursing staff will place a small, intravenous catheter into one of your veins to deliver a blend of healing nutrients and fluids directly into your bloodstream. Because this method bypasses your digestive system, the vitamins and minerals used in IV therapy have a 100 percent absorption rate.
IV therapy provides an instant energy and wellness boost, helping patients feel immediately more refreshed and invigorated.
The Healing Power of Vitamins and Minerals
If you have been diligent about following a skin care regimen and a diet and exercise routine, only to find that you still look and feel tired, drained or older than your biological age, the missing element in your health may be vitamins and minerals.
You may have spent all your time focusing on your outward appearance, but vitamins are a time-tested, science-backed way to benefit your body, skin and hair from the inside out. When combined with diet, exercise and taking good care of your skin, you can not only become healthier, but also look years younger.
The following vitamins and minerals are excellent for your skin, hair and overall health – whether you take them in supplement form, apply them topically or make sure you get enough from the foods you eat.
● Selenium: The mineral selenium helps protect the body from cancers, including skin cancer caused by sun exposure. You can get this mineral from eating whole-grain cereals, seafood, garlic and eggs. When taken orally or topically, selenium may also help prevent sun damage.
● Vitamin E: Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps prevent cell damage. Foods rich in vitamin E include vegetable oils, grains, oats, nuts, and dairy products. When taken orally or applied directly to the skin, vitamin E can reduce sun damage, improve skin texture and limit the production of cancer-causing cells.
● Vitamin C: Like vitamin E, vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps repair damaged skin cells and slow down the aging process. Foods rich in vitamin C include tomatoes and citrus fruits such as oranges, grapefruit, lemons and limes.
● Magnesium: A crucial mineral for the optimal functioning of your heart, brain, musculoskeletal, digestive and circulatory systems, magnesium regulates more than 350 enzymes in your body. Magnesium also helps naturally detoxify your body. Good dietary sources of magnesium include dark, leafy greens such as kale, Swiss chard and spinach.
● Zinc: This mineral has anti-inflammatory properties and is also key to your body’s natural defenses. It protects the cells that produce collagen, which is an important element in helping your skin maintain its natural elasticity. Zinc-rich foods include chickpeas, lentils, cashews and pumpkin seeds.
RVA Health and Wellness
People in the Richmond, Virginia, area who are looking to take greater strides on their path to personal health and wellness now have a variety of options available through RVA Health and Wellness. Visit any of our four websites to learn more about ways to look and feel your best:
RichmondSurgicalArts.com, NoBreastScar.com, RiverCityIV.com and RichmondBHRT.com.